#183 – Wisdom
Original Work By Jeff Dillon
The ancient Greeks thought that owls had an inner light that helped them to see in the dark and made them seem thoughtful and wise. It might also be their intensive stare, and their contemplation while sitting so still and quiet in the branches awaiting their next meal, because an owl has to turn it’s head in the direction of interest it gives the impression of intense concentration.
In this painting the artist has captured the direct gaze and focus with the golden eyes and earth toned feathers, colours that draw the viewer into a more intimate relationship with the art by focusing on the birds gaze. Are we being watched or the one watching? The depth of the background hints at the owl’s favourite time of day—the depth of night. The dynamic brush strokes of the plumage are a signature style of this artists vibrant work.
Original Size: 20″ x 16″
- Original completed August 2020
- Search words: Owl, Brown, Orange, Eyes, Yellow, Bird
Delivery of Your Painting or Print:
- I offer free shipping for original paintings shipped within the Canada. Please contact me for a quote for international shipping.
- Orders typically are shipped within 2 weeks and shipping time will depend on the destination (local vs international).
- Shipping will be calculated upon check out based on your address. Shipping of your original paintings always require a signature otherwise the couriers would leave the paintings at the door.
- Shortly after you have completed checking out on the website I will provide you with an estimated shipping date and tracking number.
- I generally use Canpar, Purolator, UPS or Canada Post as our shipping carriers. Choosing the courier will depend on the final destination, the timing and the price. I use a professional shipping company with many years experience and have not damaged a single original painting in shipping worldwide.
- All original paintings will be carefully packaged and shipped in a wooden crate of ultimate protection.
- There are no returns or exchanges on original paintings.